MIAMI, June 13, 2012 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ –
According to a new Facebook survey by Zumba Fitness, the global multimedia fitness leader and creator of the acclaimed Zumba® dance-fitness workout, “Men in Black 3″ star, Will Smith, by far has the best moves on the dance floor. The star, known internationally for his work both in film and music, proved that after all these years, he can still get jiggy with it – beating out tough competition from the likes of Mario Lopez, John Travolta and the man with all the moves, Mick Jagger.
In honor of the upcoming Father’s Day holiday, Zumba Fitness compiled a list of ten celebrity dads, choosing the fathers whose fancy footwork has helped secure them a name in the dancing arena. Once chosen, voting was opened up to the public – allowing consumers to choose which of the ten fathers deserved the top spot in the dancing category.
“Whether you’re male or female, child or adult, dancing remains as one of the world’s most popular activities for getting fit and having fun,” said Beto Perez, creator of the Zumba Program. “With Father’s Day right around the corner, we wanted to pay tribute to all of those dads whose moves on the dance floor have inspired millions of people around the world to break out their dancing shoes and join the party!”
With more than 1,000 fan votes, the following list reveals how Zumba Fitness dance enthusiasts rank their favorite Hollywood fathers’ dancing skills:
1. Will Smith – 41% – Exploding into the public eye in the 1980s, Smith danced, rapped and acted his way to fame – becoming a household name with his successful run in “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” and following it up with roles in “Independence Day,” “Ali,” and the “Men in Black” trilogy
2. Mario Lopez – 15% – Lopez danced into our lives as A.C. Slater on “Saved By The Bell” and has been dancing ever since – from “Dancing with the Stars” and “America’s Best Dance Crew” to “Extra” and Broadway’s “A Chorus Line”
3. John Travolta – 14% – Grooving his way into the spotlight in the 1970s with roles in “Grease” and “Saturday Night Live,” Travolta has been ‘staying alive’ ever since – dancing through the decades with one hit movie after another
4. Ricky Martin – 13% – From Menudo and pop superstardom to raving reviews in Broadway’s “Evita,” Martin salsa’d his way to international fame, while showing us just how ‘loca’ life could be through his sensual moves on the dance floor
5. Usher – 8% -Rising to fame in the 1990s with his 6-time platinum album, “My Way,” Usher is now internationally known as the DJ who’s smooth voice and slick dance style has had us falling in love again and again, and again
6. Jon Bon Jovi – 3% – He may give love a bad name, but Bon Jovi’s career has not been livin’ on a prayer. Ever since hitting the music scene in the 1980s, this rock star has been serving up timeless hits that will have even the worst dancers up out of their seat, and rocking out on the floor
7. Hugh Jackman – 2% – From Broadway to the silver screen and beyond, Jackman is one of Hollywood’s hottest triple threats – singing, dancing and entertaining his way into our hearts with films such as “X-Men” to upcoming adaptation of “Les Miserables”
8. Kevin Bacon – 2% – As one of Hollywood’s most recognized actors, Bacon has had a sizzling hot career, starring in cinematic classics such as National Lampoon’s Animal House, Tremors and Footloose, where he showed off that in addition to his acting chops, he also had some impressively, fancy footwork
9. Tom Cruise – 1% – From the moment Cruise first busted his signature moves in the 1983 classic “Risky Business,” the American public was hooked! Nearly 30 years later, this Hollywood top gun is still stealing our attention with lead roles in films like the upcoming summer blockbuster, “Rock of Ages”
10. Mick Jagger – 1% – If Rock Roll had royalty, Jagger would be the King. Showing off his moves on stage since he founded the Rolling Stones as teenager, the legend has inspired countless musicians including Maroon 5, who’s song “Moves Like Jagger” skyrocketed through the charts – becoming a worldwide best-selling single
The survey, conducted online by Zumba Fitness, took place between June 4th and June 10th with 1,265 fans responding to the poll. For more information about Zumba Fitness, please feel free to visit
www.zumba.com , or ‘Like’ us on Facebook at
About Zumba Fitness, LLC
Zumba® Fitness is a global lifestyle brand that fuses fitness, entertainment and culture into an exhilarating dance-party workout. Coined “fitness-parties,” Zumba classes blend upbeat world rhythms with easy-to-follow choreography, which provide effective, total-body workouts. Founded in 2001, the company is now the largest branded fitness program in the world — reporting more than 12 million weekly class participants, in over 110,000 locations, across more than 125 countries. In addition to its original Zumba® program, the company also offers a range of specialty classes, including Zumba Gold® (for active older adults), Zumba® Toning (body-sculpting class that uses maraca-like Toning Sticks), Aqua Zumba® (the ultimate “pool party” workout), Zumbatomic® (Zumba routines for kids) and Zumba® in the Circuit (a 30-minute workout that combines signature Zumba® moves with circuit training at timed intervals). The Zumba® fitness lifestyle is rounded out by the company’s many consumer product offerings, including DVD sets, music collections, multi-seasonal apparel and footwear, video games, Fitness-Concert(TM) events and a lifestyle magazine. For more information about Zumba Fitness programs and products, or to find a live class, visit zumba.com and find us on Facebook and Twitter.
A quick note about the ZUMBA® trademark
ZUMBA® was coined by our company and is the brand name used to identify Zumba Fitness, LLC as the source of fun and effective fitness programs that combine easy-to-follow moves with invigorating world rhythms. When referring to our ZUMBA® brand, we ask that you please help us protect the thousands of instructors worldwide who make their careers teaching ZUMBA® classes by following these guidelines:
Capitalize the letter “Z” in our “Zumba” trademark or write with all capital letters, “ZUMBA”;
Use the trademark to describe our services or products, for example “the ZUMBA® fitness program,” “Zumba® class,” “ZUMBA instructor,” “Zumba® moves” etc.
Use the ® symbol on the right-hand shoulder of the word Zumba® (especially in headers and titles), and on first mention in paragraphs.
Please DO NOT:
Use Zumba as a verb–for example, do not write: “Once you Zumba, you’ll be hooked.”
Use Zumba as a noun–for example, do not write: “They were doing Zumba” or “Zumba is great.”
Change the trademark–for example, do not write “Zumbamania” or “Zumbarina.”
SOURCE Zumba Fitness, LLC
Copyright (C) 2012 PR Newswire. All rights reserved